Small World Yoga is committed to expanding growth and leadership opportunities to dedicated yoga students in our community. We recognize and acknowledge that there exists a disproportionate racial representation gap between the yoga student communities that SWY serves and the instructors leading yoga classes. The purpose of this YTT equity scholarship is to empower our BIPOC students to become leaders in their community—in our community—in order to bridge the gap of inequality in racial representation. This scholarship is open to passionate, dedicated yoga students with a desire to teach yoga who are age 18+ and self-identify as BIPOC.
- Monday, May 15, 2023: Scholarship Application Deadline
- May 16–19, 2023: Phase 1 application evaluations
- May 22–26, 2023: Phase 2 applicant interviews
- May 31, 2023: Scholarship(s) awarded
- June 17, 2023: Summer 200-hour training starts
Applicant Eligibility Criteria
- Self-identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, Person of Color)
- At least 18 years of age
- Submitted yoga teacher training application
- First time enrolling in a 200-hour teacher training program
- Resident of the Metro/Greater Nashville area (Davidson Co, Williamson Co, Rutherford Co, Wilson Co, Sumner Co)
Recipient Requirements & Expectations
- Attend one mentor meeting following the training (to be scheduled one-on-one with someone from Small world Yoga leadership).
- Attend all training dates.
(150 words maximum for each question)
- In your own words, what does yoga mean to you?
- Who or what inspires you to want to teach yoga?
- How long have you been practicing yoga? Where do you practice yoga (studios, community spaces, at home)?
- What type/ style of yoga do you enjoy practicing (vinyasa, hot-26, power, yin, restorative, etc.)?
- What would be your ideal teaching situation? Where do you want to teach and who do you want to be able reach as a yoga teacher?
- Please read Small World Yoga’s Mission, Vision & Values. What resonates with you about SWY’s mission, vision, and values, and why?
- How did you find out about this scholarship?
Still have questions? Please email us at email@example.com. We would love to chat further!